Thursday, May 19, 2011

Year 4 in Review!

Wow, as I write this, I can't believe Book Buddies has completed 4 years! We've read so many great books and had a lot of really great discussions and activities. We've also had some wonderful club members over the years, some who were only with us for a short time and others who've been along for the ride since the beginning! Thanks to all who have participated with such eagerness and excitement.

It was another great year featuring two more author phone calls: Frances O'Roark Dowell (Falling In) in September and R.L. LaFevers (Flight of the Phoenix) in March. A BIG thank you to the authors for participating in our book club, it is always such a thrill. Talking to authors NEVER gets old...

It was another year of reading widely across many genres: fantasy, ghost story, mystery, historical fiction, realistic fiction, graphic novel and our very first vampire story! We actually did more fantasies this year than ever before. And although fantasy has never been my personal favorite, I very much enjoyed the ones we read.

Even though it is nearly impossible for me to pick out a favorite from the 9 books we read this year, I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed Turtle in Paradise and can see why it has won so many awards. I look forward to reading more from Jennifer L. Holm in the future.



And thanks to all the faithful readers of the Book Buddies Blog. I hope it has been fun to keep up with what we are doing in book club and that you have found it informative. I will continue to post over the summer, books and information related to our summer reading program, One World, Many Stories.



I hope you have a fantastic summer and I look forward to Book Buddies: Year 5!

No comments: